Universal-ctags Hacking Guide¶
Reza Jelveh <firstname.lastname@example.org> initially created a personal fork on GitHub and as interest and participation grew it was decided to move development to a dedicated GitHub organization.
The goal of this project is to maintain a common/unified space where people interested in improving ctags can work together.
This guide is primarily intended for developers. Users should first consult the ctags.1 man page.
This is a draft document. Proofreading and pull-requests are welcome!
- Introduced changes
- Importing changes from Exuberant-ctags
- Parser related changes
- New and extended options
- Changes to the tags file format
- Reference tags
- Automatic parser selection
- Pseudo tags
- Parser own fields
- Parser own extras
- Parser own parameter
- Customizing xref output
- Incompatible changes in command line
- Skipping utf-8 BOM
- Output formats
- Choosing a proper parser in ctags
- Running multiple parsers on an input file
- Building ctags
- Testing ctags
- Extending ctags
- Tips for hacking
- Relationship between other projects
- Proposal for extended Vi tags file format
- Who we are